Master of Education in Educational Leadership admission requirements
- EDUC 390 – Psychology of the Exceptional Child
- Teacher Certification
- Teaching Experience (2 years)
All of the following must be received in order to be considered for admission to the program.
- Transcripts from all previously attended colleges/universities and verification of a completed bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution with an undergraduate cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher, or 3.0 or higher in the last 60 semester hours taken. Transcripts from degree-granting institutions must be official; other transcripts may be unofficial.
- Completed application form.
- Copy of teacher certification.
- Teaching experience - applicants may submit an application during their second year of teaching (or after), and may begin coursework during the second semester of the second year, at the earliest.
- A professional resume.
- A personal goal statement outlining teaching philosophy and leadership goals (minimum of 300-500 words—included on application form).
Students not meeting the department admission requirements may be approved for "conditional admission" at the discretion of the M.Ed. Graduate Program Coordinator, based on appropriate professional teaching experience, potential for academic success at the graduate level, and/or strong recommendation from school administrators. Students who are granted conditional admission are limited to one course per session until a GPA of 3.0 has been maintained through six hours of coursework.