Taking the next step
What level of commitment is right for you?
There are many ways to get involved in leadership opportunities on campus. It is important you consider what the right fit is for you. Columbia College offers student employment opportunities, participation and leadership opportunities within registered organizations and selection into the Emerging Leaders Institute. Additionally, there are multiple Student Leader positions within the division of Student Affairs. Before applying for any position, consider the following things:
- What am I involved in outside of my academics?
- Would my involvement in extra-curricular activities still enable me to be academically successful?
- Would I consider myself a role model to my peers?
- Is my behavior and reputation, on and off campus, reflective of being a role model to others?
- Am I willing to commit to a position that requires a long-term investment of my time, energy and enthusiasm?
Let's make it happen!
Students interested in applying for a Student Leader position within the division of Student Affairs will need to complete the following steps:
- Attend an information session about the application process
- Apply online prior to the deadline
- Participate in a group interview process (Resident Assistant Position ONLY)
- Sign up for an individual interview in the Student Affairs office