Starting a new organization is easy!
All students wishing to start a new student organization at Columbia College must follow the same criteria by applying for recognition. Applications for recognition are available electronically below.
- Verify that the student organization does not exist.
- Form a group of four or more students with a common purpose.
- Find a full-time staff or faculty member to act as the advisor.
- Develop a constitution (Sample Constitution).
Student organizations have the freedom to create individual constitutions; however, the following statements must be present in every document:
- Organization name will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, ethnicity, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status.
- Advisors are responsible for ensuring that the organization adheres to the rules and regulations of Columbia College.
- All changes to this constitution must be approved by the Center for Student Leadership.
Apply for recognition
Electronic application for recognition
Important: You will need to obtain email addresses and ID numbers of your advisor and initial members and a copy of your constitution to attach before filling out the form. Incomplete forms will be returned.